Systems Engineer - Sensor Models
Location: Herndon or Springfield
Expert-Level (18+ years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Expert Systems Engineers assist in leading engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Assist the Government in directing requirements for mensuration services engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies.
- Assist with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advise the Government on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Support the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assist the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assist the Government in reviewing artifacts produced by the contractor to substantiate the satisfaction of the acceptance criteria of user stories to fix code defects or deliver new capabilities.
- Assist the Government on the bi-weekly Mensuration Services Technical Review Board (TRB) and pre-TRB Government Caucus. Provide input on differing opinions from various stakeholders and product owners in reaching consensus. Document TRB findings in comprehensive meeting minutes.
- Assist in leading AoAs, CoAs, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Provide expert advice to the Government in the areas of mensuration, GeoTrans, Compass, and Sensor Modeling by relating vision, strategy, plans, needs, requirements, and process and capability developments.
- Operate at the level of integrating multiple Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational, agency, department, and governmental/national boundaries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Oversee and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Engineers.
- Represent Mensuration Services and present program status at enterprise reviews (e.g., test readiness reviews, in-progress reviews), and community fora (e.g., Community Sensor Model Working Group, and Photogrammetry Community of Practice Conference).
- Serve as test director for Government-witnessed testing of major software deliveries; responsible for ensuring that all requirements are satisfied and there are no major defects in the software.
- Master’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Expert-level experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience with sensor models and mensuration services.
- Demonstrated expert-level experience using tools and processes to assess software complexity, modularity, and refactoring.
- Certified SAFe Agilest and experience with Agile project management.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of: photogrammetry; sensor models; national, tactical and commercial imaging systems; image product formats; digital elevation models; coordinate reference systems; and, exploitation tools
- Demonstrated experience using Jira.
- Demonstrated experience of MBSE, processes, tools and languages.
- Possess a software Development Framework certification.
- Possess an INCOSE Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Previous experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Expert-level experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data, AAA, and Cloud-based technologies.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled