Location: Herndon or Springfield
Senior-Level (12 to 18 years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Senior Requirements Engineers are Systems Engineers that apply a structured approach to design and implementation of systems and processes. They capture and translate mission and customer requirements in order to transform them into capabilities, testing, and validation of services. Requirements Engineers analyze and allocate requirements to systems architecture components and oversee the development, testing, and validation of systems and services. They also coordinate the integration of systems and services into enterprise architecture and oversee deployment. They are responsible to the program Chief Engineer and the engineering team to achieve desired outcomes for the customer.
Duties may include:
- Decompose and allocate strategic level requirements/needs from ECDs, SOCs, ICBDs, CDDs, and Agency CONOPS, as appropriate.
- Maintain consistency with the Agency’s requirements process and CIO-T strategy while developing engineering artifacts, requirements documentation, and business cases.
- Implement strategic plans and programs in coordination with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with NGA Integrated Program Offices, segments, matrixed technical offices, other NGA acquisition offices, and process stakeholders.
- Interface with the Agency MBSE system.
- Develop and maintain a RTVM for the program to ensure all requirements are allocated and tested as needed.
- Develop and maintain performance measures for capabilities and projects.
- Develop, communicate, and participate in systems engineering projects or boards; applying in-depth knowledge to committees and working groups that plan, collaborate, and execute systems programs and initiatives.
- Ensure management is informed of all issues, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Guide Mid-, and Junior-level Requirements Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, System Engineering, or a related STEM degree.
- Senior-level or higher experience in a Requirements Engineering discipline or a closelyrelated field that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the tasks associated with this work.
- Experience using DOORS Next Generation (DOORS NG) to manage requirements and interface with Enterprise Requirements Management.
- Experience in requirements decomposition from strategic level requirements to program and systems level requirements.
- Experience managing requirements in an agile backlog management tool.
- Experience tracing project requirements to the source requirement such as the JARM, and JARM TSTs for duplication analysis and gap analysis.
- Previous IC or DoD program/project experience.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, System Engineering, or a related STEM degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the geospatial intelligence mission and its contributions to the Intelligence Community.
- Demonstrated knowledge with NGA’s RFP process to validate and assign requirements to NGA segments.
- Demonstrated knowledge with agile development to include participation in scrums, development of solution epics, lean business cases, program epics, user stories, and features.
- At least 1 year experience as a Scrum Master.
- Experience with JIRA, CONFLUENCE, and Tableau for tracking requirements, documentation, and backlog progress.
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project experience
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled