Network Systems Engineer
- Location: Herndon or Springfield
Senior-Level (12 to 18 years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Senior Network Engineers plan and develop telecommunications solutions involving computer and communications equipment. The Network Engineer analyzes network alternatives and develops recommendations for improvements.
- Analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Oversee the work of Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Network Systems Engineers.
- Research, design, analyze, test, experiment, and/or model and simulation of communications networks.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Senior-level experience in cloud-based systems architecting, with emphasis on the unique networking aspects of cloud computing, including low latency within the data center, and higher latency and limited bandwidth for remote users.
- Demonstrated experience with standard networking protocols for transport (including MPLS), routing, and network services such as DNS, SNMP, NTP/PTP, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with wireless and SATCOM networks.
- Demonstrated experience with Firewalls, VPNs, IDSs, HAIPEs, and other network security technologies.
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Network technology course/certification in one or more areas:
-Managing and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP
-Installing and configuring network and software infrastructure
-Configuring and managing device routing and remote access
-Monitoring and maintain network infrastructure
- Demonstrated network technology experience in all of the following:
-Roles of devices in TCP/IP network
-Details of IP, ARP, TCP, ICMP and UDP
-Functions of FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, Telnet and other applications of TCP/IP
-Use of Voice over IP or VoIP, messaging and multicasting
-Troubleshooting for TCP/IP issues at each network layer
- Senior-level experience in securely and efficiently moving data and operating across hybrid multi-cloud and on premise and multi-fabric environments – within enclaves on the same security domain, and across security domains.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud technologies, data center networks, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and/or Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
- Demonstrated experience with Network modeling and simulation tools such as OPNET/Riverbed Modeler and Exata.
- Network professional certifications, e.g. Cisco CCNA, Comptia Security+, CISSP.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled