Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Engineer
Location: Herndon or Springfield
Senior-Level (12 to 18 years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Senior-Level Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer for 3D data, applications and tools to provide 3D engineering advice to the entire program.
- Provide 3D engineering advice to the entire program.
- Lead modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Evaluate FG3D transitioned software with software updates as scheduled within the GRiD environment.
- Generate comprehensive reports and graphics which document FG3D technical performance, data credibility, and user applicability from software peer review standards/results.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for new governance of 3D data and new/modified standards to support 3D.
- Engage with developers and Government teams to provide recommendations and path forward for operationalizing FG3D transitioned software and/or algorithms within GRiD environment for the FG3D program.
- Perform the full lifecycle of engineering support including but not limited to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability analysis, resiliency analysis, development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability analysis, and decommissioning.
- Provide engineering support for requirements across the NSG and ASG.
- Lead the planning, documenting, analysis, and traceability of user requirements and architectures.
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management, and interface design.
- Support RFP development and generate engineering documentation for RFPs.
- Provide proposal evaluation support as requested by the government.
- Provide architectural support.
- Identify industry and NGA standards and create IPF unique standards for open architecture, service centric architecture, service oriented architecture, and cloud architecture for inclusion in IPF RFPs, existing contracts, and government development efforts.
- Brief assigned activities as required.
- Work cross project with other IPF projects to facilitate transition from concept to development to sustainment to decommissioning.
- Work across NGA, NSG, and ASG partners to include but not limited to NGA/IPF, NGA/SF, NGA/R, NGA/TD, NGA/TA, DoD, FAA, and foreign partners, to provide engineering support to advance the Foundation GEOINT mission.
- Support IPF leadership priorities and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in a related hard science STEM field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geography, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with 3D GEOINT data, applications and tools, software development and implantation of 3D data, applications and tools.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience providing technical analysis, testing & evaluation of 3D GEOINT data, applications and tools.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with platform engines such as Unity, Unreal, OpenFlight, and VBS including export formats such as glTF, geopackage, OBJ, FBX, and 3D Tile formats.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with at least 3 of the following: Open Geospatial Consortium Standard Common DataBase (CDB), GDAL, PDAL, WMS, InteriorGML and others related to modeling and simulation in 3D.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in a related hard science STEM field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience in geographic information systems, geodetic sciences, or related fields.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience working with Foundation GEOINT data domains and mission areas.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience in physics-based modeling.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with the Geospatial-intelligence mission and its IC contributions.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled