Information Assurance Engineer
Location: Herndon or Springfield
Senior-Level (12 to 18 years experience)
Duties Include: The Senior Security Engineer is part of the Security & Integration team responsible for working closely with the government customer to evaluate security risk to ensure compliance with IC policies and standards; develop deliverables documenting the planning, policy, interfaces and architecture of technical security services. The candidate will provide project oversight and ensure integration of security requirements in accordance with agency certification and accreditation processes, and technical security engineering required to support the Agency’s transition to enterprise services.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate security and systems engineering technical security and systems engineering technical competency in one or more of the following areas that include, but not limited to:
- IC and DoD security policy and procedures
- Cross domain systems/controlled interfaces
- Data marking/tagging and release
- Audit and Logging
- Identity and Access Management
- AWS Cloud Security
- Network Security
- System Assessment and Authorization
Knowledge and experience in preparing and briefing technical security topics to senior program leadership and senior government managers. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within a team comprised of both senior and junior level security engineers to foster sharing of expertise and a learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in systems engineering or related science or engineering field.
- 6+ years of Security System Engineering Integration of large, complex systems.
- 1+ years of software development or administration of security appliances, network equipment or secure operating systems experience.
- Demonstrated experience with security engineering policies and procedures supporting ICD 503 accreditation and NIST 800-53, CNSS 1253 implementation; Assessment & Authorizations.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC, agile engineering and DevOps and DevSecOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery model.
- Demonstrated experience implementing secure cloud based solutions, preferably in AWS: implementing network and security within cloud-based environments.
- Professional certification, commensurate with experience and compliant with DoD 8570.
- Master’s degree or higher in Information Assurance, Computer Science, or related STEM field.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more security engineering areas, specifically associated with identity management, authentication and authorization; secure communications, data marking/labeling, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) access and releasability; secure storage, secure communications, auditing, and policy management and enforcement; cross domain/controlled interface solutions.
- Demonstrated experience associated with security engineering and system development integration.
- Demonstrated experience with application threat modeling, risk management to determine applicable security requirements, and security standards.
- Demonstrated experience in Information as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled