Location: McLean, VA
Senior-Level (12 to 18 years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: The team seeks a highly motivated Data Scientist to join our team to provide the following expert support to an Intelligence Community (IC) client:
- Assess the ability of IC collection and analytic reporting to answer our nation’s critical intelligence problems.
- Serve as the principal member of a multi-contractor team responsible for data mining, analysis, reporting and visualization of intelligence collection and reporting data.
- Work directly with the client to data mine IC collection and analytic reporting databases.
- Analyze data in context of intelligence issue and known collection and analytic priorities.
- Develop and implement advanced data visualization tools to visualize complex datasets.
- Be responsible for data analysis, reporting, and presenting data and progress reports to clients and is expected to work with representatives from across the Community and present findings at related meetings as required.
- Demonstrated experience data mining IC collection and analytic reporting databases;
- Exquisite understanding of multi-discipline (SIGINT, HUMINT, MASINT, GEOINT, OSINT) meta-data tagging standards and practices;
- Demonstrated ability performing statistical data analysis;
- Provide robust graphical data visualizations and recommendations for quantitative data analysis selection and collection;
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL query programming in the IC;
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and best practices;
- Hands-on experience with data manipulation;
- Proficiency in data manipulation and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, Matlab and R);
- Demonstrated ability to use Tableau software;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and brief visuals of complex data;
- Understand and have a working knowledge of big data capabilities; focus on mission needs, requirements gathering and prioritization, data prep and structuring, understanding data sets, interface(s), and be familiar with agency-specific and IC applications;
- Ability to develop concise executive level presentations detailing findings;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Knowledge of roles and missions of respective IC agencies, and DoD; and
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- For a senior level position, candidate must possess a master’s or PhD degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative field with 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree in these fields with 15 years of experience.
- For a mid-level position, candidate must possess a master’s or PhD degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative field with five years experience or a bachelor’s degree in these fields with 8 years of experience.
- Broad domain knowledge across multiple intelligence missions and disciplines (e.g., SIGINT, GEOINT, HUMINT, OSINT, and MASINT, etc.);
- Exquisite ability to engage another party who may have another position and to blend that position into a Community voice;
- Strong substantive technical understanding of the area in which one works;
- Knowledge of and experience using mission analytical tools; and
- Familiarity with role and missions of IC elements, and their mission priority frameworks.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled