Location: Herndon or Springfield
Mid-level (6 to 12 years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Mid-Level Data Architect works in the FG3D environment, to include Cloud Foundry, AWS, modern geospatial databases (Oracle spatial, PostgreSQL, etc.), to provide data quality control insights. Additionally, the Data Architect executes data quality procedures from testing and review of algorithms from 3D models output and document results.
- Provide data quality control.
- Execute data quality procedures and document results.
- Perform/manage data quality control, establish/execute data quality procedures, and document results.
- Evaluate the Common DataBase (CDB) deliveries, such as those to NGA Open Data Store, for OGC standard compliance and other required standards.
- Produce Engineering Reports on every evaluation.
- Provide recommendations to the government on streamlining the verification and validation architecture.
- Evaluate 3D geospatial algorithms output for compliance with NGA GEOINT standards for accuracy and quality.
- Perform the full lifecycle of engineering support including but not limited to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability analysis, resiliency analysis, development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability analysis, and decommissioning.
- Provide engineering support for requirements across the NSG and ASG.
- Lead the planning, documenting, analysis, and traceability of user requirements and architectures.
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management, and interface design.
- Support RFP development and generate engineering documentation for RFPs.
- Provide proposal evaluation support as requested by the government.
- Provide architectural support.
- Identify industry and NGA standards and create IPF unique standards for open architecture, service centric architecture, service oriented architecture, and cloud architecture for inclusion in IPF RFPs, existing contracts, and government development efforts.
- Brief assigned activities as required.
- Work cross project with other IPF projects to facilitate transition from concept to development to sustainment to decommissioning.
- Work across NGA, NSG, and ASG partners to include but not limited to NGA/IPF, NGA/SF, NGA/R, NGA/TD, NGA/TA, DoD, FAA, and foreign partners, to provide engineering support to advance the Foundation GEOINT mission.
- Support IPF leadership priorities and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering or in a related hard science STEM field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences. A degree in Systems Engineering, Project Management, or similar nontechnical field does not satisfy this requirement.
- Mid-level demonstrated experience in automated testing with 3D GEOINT data as a Geospatial Analyst with the ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Mid-level demonstrated experience in Quality Control, Agile Framework, and regression testing.
- Mid-level demonstrated experience using test management software and programming languages (SQL, MatLab, C++ and Python).
- Mid-level demonstrated experience documenting test results including collecting logs, writing defect reports, and assigning fail for resolution.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in a related hard science STEM field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences.
- Mid-level demonstrated experience with platform engines such as Unity, Unreal, OpenFlight, and VBS.
- Mid-level demonstrated experience with Open Geospatial Consortium Standard Common DataBase (CDB).
- Mid-level demonstrated experience with Foundation GEOINT data domains and mission areas.
- Mid-level demonstrated experience with geopositioning, triangulation, and geotechnical analytics.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Expert-Level (18+ years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: A data architect is an individual who is responsible for designing, creating, deploying, and managing data architecture. Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. A data architect enforces/assists in enforcing adherence to GEOINT data standards, and assures data assets are in line with the defined GEOINT data architecture. Typically, a data architect maintains the metadata registry, oversees data management, and optimizes databases and/or all data sources.
- Support the Warfighter Support Office efforts to bring the latest relevant datasets to the warfighters’ mission(s).
- Implement/integrate data/content architecture with Odyssey data architecture.
- Coordinate with Chief Engineer, Lead Data engineer, Mission Tradecraft developer(s), data owners and capabilities engineers to determine warfighters mission needs and the interoperability with warfighter mission systems and applications.
- Coordinate with multiple NGA systems entities, including (but not limited to) Open Data Store (ODS), OCONUS Data Center (ODC), NSG Consolidated Libraries (NCL), NGA Gateway, GRiD, and IC GIS Portal.
- Coordinate with Warfighter Support Office deployed Capabilities Leads, GEOINT Expeditionary (GEO-X) Embeds, NSG Data owners and NGA Data Corps.
- Design and deliver operations research applications (databases, websites, tools, and products) that are geospatially enabled to support a multitude of intelligence issues.
- Incorporate the latest methodologies such Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Data Harvesting and Content Curation to modernize the Warfighter Support Office's data pipeline.
- Develop automation to streamline GA and IA processes to improve consistency, quality and availability of GEOINT content across multiple security domains.
- Support cross domain data transfer.
- Develop PL/SQL, stored procedures, and extract, transform, load (ETL) scripts to support this analytics application.
- Must be familiar with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices for code build and deployments, DevOPS, SAFe AGILE, and/or any NGA-sponsored agile methodologies.
- Document database design and develop optimum data ingest techniques from multiple data sources.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, GIS, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related STEM degree.
- Minimum experience of 5 years with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, RedShift.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with ETL technologies.
- Senior-level experience in cloud-based data architecting, with emphasis on implementing content delivery network (CDN) solutions in disconnected, disadvantaged, intermittent and/or low bandwidth (DDIL) mission environments.
- Senior-level experience in securely and efficiently moving data and operating across hybrid multi-cloud and on premise and multi-fabric environments – within enclaves on the same security domain, and across security domains.
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) ecosystem, including AWS Database solutions.
- Senior-level experience with the unique networking aspects of cloud computing, including low latency within the data center, and higher latency and limited bandwidth for remote users.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NSG data standards.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, GIS, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related STEM degree.
- Information technology course/certification in one or more areas:
o Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect
o Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Big Data – Specialty
o Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Engineer
o Data Science Council of America (DASCA) Associate Big Data Engineer
o Data Science Council of America (DASCA) Senior Big Data Engineer
o Google Professional Data Engineer
o HDP Apache Spark Developer
o IBM Certified Data Architect – Big Data
o IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data
o USGIF Certified GEOINT Professional- Essentials (CGP-E), GIS & Analysis Tools (CGP-G), Geospatial Data Management (CGP-D)
- Demonstrated experience with cloud technologies, hybrid cloud implementation strategies, data center networks, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and/or Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS templates, manage ArcGIS Portals, and customize ESRI StoryMap Templates.
- Demonstrated experience with the Odyssey Technology Applications Stack (PIXIA, iSpy, ArcGIS Portal, Google Earth Enterprise Platform, GEOAxIS).
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled