Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Herndon or Springfield
Mid-Level (6 to 12 years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Mid-level Cyber Security Engineers support the refinement of information security requirements and ensure the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Support development teams working to design and develop service based capabilities in cloud and on-premise data center environments.
- Support product research and AoA activities which independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Develop system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and apply relevant cyber security laws and regulations into system security designs and processes.
- Support development and documentation of security architectures, roadmaps, and investments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Mid-level experience in government or industry within Cyber Security Engineering.
- Possess DoD 8570 Level I (IASAE) certification
- Mid-level experience in government or industry supporting enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software.
- Demonstrated experience with security designs in hardware, software, architecture, data, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with cyber forensics, vulnerability and risk assessment, testing and mitigation, cyber threat detection and response.
- Demonstrated experience with information assurance and privacy policies
- Possess DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled