Chief Systems Engineer
Location: Herndon or Springfield
Expert-Level (18+ years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Expert Systems Engineers assist in leading engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG, and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Assist the Government in directing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies.
- Assist with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advise the Government on proposed changes to the solution designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Support the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assist the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assist in leading AoAs, CoAs, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Provide expert advice to the Government in the areas of relating vision, strategy, plans, needs, requirements, process, and capability developments.
- Oversee and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Engineers.
- Master’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Expert-level experience in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System (PPBES) Process, or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Expert-level experience with systems engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience with MBSE, processes, tools, and languages.
- Software Development Framework certification.
- INCOSE Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Membership or leadership participation in any of the following professional organizations:
o American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS)
o Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
o United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF)
- Demonstrated experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data, AAA, and Cloud-based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled