Chief Software Engineer
Location: Herndon or Springfield
Expert-Level (18+ years experience)
Overview and Deliverables: Expert Software Engineers lead the systematic software engineering approach to design, architecting, requirements definition, development, operation and use of software applications, services and microservices in cloud environments and platforms for mission solutions. Expert Software Engineers provide guidance during planning and design on database management, web application development, operating systems, user interfaces, mathematical modeling, modular software design, and software architecture. They ensure software is designed for optimized utilization of cloud services and containerized deployment models. Facilitates program epic planning.
- Lead Needs and Collection Management software design and development.
- Analyze software development activities for complexity, efficiency and modular design, and reports results and recommendations to the Government.
- Analyze current Needs and Collection Management systems/services and provide recommendations and alternatives to refactor for modular software design and microservices development.
- Analyze Needs and Collection Management cloud utilization metrics and provide recommendations for improved software design.
- Facilitate program epic planning ensuring inclusion of containerization, refactoring, and software-, platform- and infrastructure-as-a-service objectives.
- Oversee for the Program Manager the product line software engineers and software engineering to ensure quality and software hygiene.
- Provide software design recommendations to the program manager.
- Coordinate software development activities within and across product lines.
- Ensure product line software development follows industry and SEI best practices.
- Assist the Product Line Program Manager in establishing and tracking software metrics.
- Report software risks to the Government Chief Systems Engineer through the ERB.
- Ensure software is documented and brought under Configuration Management in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Expert-level experience demonstrating successful refactoring of legacy systems to modular, cloud based applications and microservices.
- Expert-level experience using tools and processes to assess software complexity, modularity, and refactoring.
- At least one of the following certifications:
o AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer – Advanced
- Demonstrated experience using integrated development programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in developing applications and software for Android and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Web Development software such as Apache Tomcat, WebMatrix, Xamarin and Coda.
- Demonstrated experience with MBSE, processes, tools and languages.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional and/or demonstrated experience with Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer – Advanced; or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer – Advanced and/or demonstrated experience with AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional.
Clearance: Candidates need to be TS/SCI-cleared with polygraph.
Incentive: ASG will pay $5000 for referrals to candidates successfully placed into these positions, payable six months after hire.
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled