Budget and Resource Analyst
Location: McLean, VA
Senior-Level (12 to 18 years experience)
Description: The team seeks a highly motivated Budget & Resource Analyst to join our team to provide the following expert support to an Intelligence Community (IC) client.
- Provide support to the client for a variety of budgetary formulation, programmatic exercises including cost reduction analysis, investment strategies, and cost benefit trade-offs.
- Support the overall implementation of the Intelligence Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Evaluation (IPPBE) process throughout the entire Intelligence Community.
- Provide budget and resource analysis to facilitate understanding and evaluation for proper alignment and coordination of National Intelligence Programs (NIP) & Military Intelligence Programs (MIP).
- Develop Analytic Study Briefs to support resource discussions across IC elements.
- Plan, coordinate, and develop the Consolidated Intelligence Guidance (CIG) strategic document yearly and assure it is communicated out to the IC elements so a consistent mid-long term strategic plan is executed.
- Participate in the review of issues within the internal governance board & assist with the development of possible alternatives to mitigate risk and achieve success.
- Perform data analysis utilizing financial management data from the Intelligence Resource Information System (IRIS).
- Prepare briefing materials and other visual graphics to assist senior leaders with informed decision making.
- Built data visualizations and dashboards using Tableau and other business intelligence tools to assist senior leadership.
- Provide logistic and content support for the client-hosted quarterly IPPBE classes.
- Understand the IC budgeting process and DoD budgeting process; prior IPPBE experience.
- Be analytical and be able to apply principles & concepts to conduct budget formulation and support programmatic exercises.
- Familiarity with cost reduction analysis and investment strategies.
- Knowledge of Federal Appropriation Law and fiscal policy.
- Significant experience with resource management and reviewing trade-offs to execute programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel & PowerPoint)
- Prior data visualization tool experience a plus.
- Senior-level positions require a bachelor’s degree and 16+ years experience or an advanced degree and 12+ years
- Mid-level positions require a bachelor’s degree and 8+ years experience or an advanced degree and 5+ years
Education: Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Operations Research, Data Analytics, or Mathematics
Location: Bethesda, MD and McLean, VA
Clearance: Current TS/SCI w/poly required
ASG is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled